The red jumpsuit has always been there, from the very first script. “We are always looking for icons. You have to label yourself somehow, you have to have your own identity and DNA”, says Alex Pina, showrunner of La Casa de Papel (Money Heist).
The decision was made to reduce the other primary colors throughout the series and to highlight the color of red. “This is the reason we decided all our robbers and hostages should wear a uniform so that the red jumpsuit would become the great key visual of the series,” says the director, Jesús Colmenar.
Throughout all five seasons, more than 600 red jumpsuits were used but, despite their uniformity, the costumes of La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) are far from boring.
“Designing the wardrobe of La Casa de Papel is such a rich experience because each character is so different from the next. It has been a great challenge to dress all the characters individually and then again as a group, with that iconic red jumpsuit,” says Carlos Diez, responsible for the series’ costume design.
Additional facts for the series:
- 2000 minutes of action and two heists later, we are just 7 days away from the premiere of La Casa de Papel Part 5: Volume 1
- Throughout the years, filming has taken place in 300 locations in 7 countries
- Shooting has taken place in Spain, Thailand, Denmark, Panama, Portugal, Italy, and the United Kingdom, where the scenes involving the flooded vault at the Bank of Spain were filmed
- 6000 gold ingots were produced as props for the series while one million €50 bills were printed to be dropped in the streets of Madrid
- Across all 41 episodes, these riches were fought over using 275 different weapons
- These weapons are in addition to the 150 munitions that Gandía keeps in his private arsenal at the Bank of Spain
The gang has been shut in the Bank of Spain for over 100 hours. They have managed to rescue Lisbon, but their darkest moment is upon them after losing one of their own. The Professor has been captured by Sierra and, for the first time, doesn’t have an escape plan. Just when it seems like nothing else could go wrong, an enemy comes on the scene that is much more powerful than any they’ve faced: the army. The end of the greatest heist in history is approaching, and what began as a robbery will turn into a war.
In a nutshell, we are a bunch of opinionated writers that care about quality content. Our team is small, but it’s a team of people who really do care about what they do. Passionate and dedicated. Honest and respectful. Professional but informal. Quirky and personal.