One of Spotify’s most requested features is finally here: introducing Lyrics, a simple, interactive and shareable experience that is now available to Free and Premium users globally.
Currently available in 28 markets, Spotify is now empowering even more fans around the world to sing louder and more confidently than ever with the launch of Lyrics. To bring this to life, Spotify partnered with Musixmatch to give users in-app access to the majority of our extensive library of tracks.
Ready to sing along? Here’s how to find Lyrics.
On the Spotify mobile app
- Tap on the “Now Playing View” on a song.
- While listening, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real-time as the song is playing!
- To share, simply tap the “Share” button at the bottom of the lyrics screen and then select the lyrics you want to share—and where you want to share it—via third-party platforms.
On the Spotify desktop app
- From the “Now Playing” bar, click on the microphone icon while a song is playing.
- Voila! You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real-time while the song plays.
On the SpotifyTV app
- Open the “Now Playing View” on a song.
- Navigate to the right corner to the “lyrics button” and select if you want to enable Lyrics.
- Once enabled, you’ll see the lyrics in the “Now Playing” View.
With access to the world’s lyrics, listeners will now be able to cultivate an even deeper connection to the music and artists they love — connecting with the deeper meanings behind each song through the power of lyrics from “Keify Keda” by Wegz and Disco Misr to “INDUSTRY BABY” by Lil Nas X and Jack Harlow.
Lyrics are available across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles*, and TV, so that millions of fans can connect with the music and artists they love on an even deeper level.
Check out their blog, For the Record for more details around the new feature.
In a nutshell, we are a bunch of opinionated writers that care about quality content. Our team is small, but it’s a team of people who really do care about what they do. Passionate and dedicated. Honest and respectful. Professional but informal. Quirky and personal.